Our management philosophy builds on eight principles that provide the impetus for continued profitable growth. When recruiting employees or acquiring companies, creating awareness of our management philosophy is crucially important to establish an understanding of the principles that underpin the entrepreneurial spirit that prevails at NIBE.
- is the most fundamental and important factor behind long-term success and sustained growth
- is and always has been a tradition at NIBE
- is a precondition for freedom of action and independence
- creates job satisfaction and job security for employees, and attracts ambitious new talents
- is predicated on the effective and efficient use of energy and materials, and a holistic view as regards the environment and corporate social responsibility.
- is crucial for good competitiveness
- NIBE bases its productivity philosophy on the belief that everything can always be improved and that, if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it
- flexible wage systems based on accurate methods time measurements (MTM) encourage optimisation of working time and promote high productivity
- MTM data provide a sound basis for accurate costings and calculations, reliable investment data and opportunities to follow up business activities.
Aggressive product development
- is crucial to sustaining good organic growth and establishing a foothold in new markets
- quickly translates customer demands into the best solution in every market situation
- provides the basis for good production economy
- must focus on leading the way in energy-efficient, environmentally adapted products that help mitigate climate impact and promote sustainable development.
Quality in everything – focus on the customer
- all our customers must be able to rely on the company, its products and employees
- NIBE must be perceived as a reliable, constructive partner
- we lead by example in terms of quality
- we have certified quality and environmental management systems in place in our production facilities
- we are available to help our customers when needed and deal with them in a professional manner
- our environmentally adapted products must help customers to reduce their costs and their environmental impact
- NIBE’s successes must also benefit the customer in the form of value-for-money products.
- every NIBE customer must always be a satisfied customer.
- continuous growth is essential for the company’s development
- a combination of good organic growth and prudent acquisitions is the best possible way to constantly breathe new life into the organisation
- expansion into new markets must be carefully considered and consistently implemented.
Focus on three core businesses
- creates clarity, internally and externally
- spreads exposure to risk
- enables us to constantly increase our in-depth expertise, giving us a real analytical advantage, particularly when it comes to acquisitions
- paves the way for us to capitalise on the considerable potential for international expansion in all three core business areas.
- uncomplicated organisational structures and straightforward operational management create commitment among employees
- shared values and a clear code of conduct provide good guidance in day-to-day activities
- high expectations in terms of honesty, openness and clear communication create clarity
- managers and team leaders must set a good example
- all employees are to be given the opportunity to develop in their work
- initiative combined with modesty and common sense are ideal qualities on which co-workers can build a career at NIBE.
A long-term approach
- responsibility, resilience and continuity will always triumph in the long run
- changes are only implemented after careful consideration and testing
- our ambition to create long-term relationships, internally as well as with customers and suppliers, provides the platform for truly sustainable business activities
- continuity of ownership guarantees independence and enables us to focus fully on running and developing the business.